• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with saving files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed my photoshop onto a new computer. I am able to open files, edit them, but when I go to save the file I either get a message "Not enough RAM" or it goes through the process and then Photoshop shuts down. When I reopen the software and pull the file back up, no changes were saved! I uninstalled and then reinstalled Photoshop, no improvement. What am I doing wrong? Never had these problems in the past, all I have done is moved from my laptop to a desktop. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have so many projects that are now on hold.

Randy

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randy,

Have a look at the technote page Optimize Photoshop performance. It has a section on  Adjust the memory allocated to Photoshop.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

If the above page does not help, provide more information on what's happening, including:
- What Operating System are you on?
- Is this happening with a particular image file or all? If it is a particular file, what is file size.

- Maybe include a screenshot as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 10, when I attempt to go to the preference page to verify anything, I get a warning [Image.jpeg] Then it is frozen, no matter what I try I get the warning “An integer between 50 and 8 is required. Closest value inserted.” Lol, there is no place to insert an integer!
Randy

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you give the full specs of your computer including RAM and hard drive size?

And is this the latest version of Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HP Slim Desktop S01-pF1013w

• Operating system: Windows 10 Home
  • Processor: Intel® Celeron® G5900 processor
  • Memory: 4 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM memory (1 x 4 GB)
  • Internal Storage: 1 TB 7200RPM SATA hard drive
  • Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics
  • Optical drive: DVD-Writer
  • USB ports: 8 (4 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate, 4 USB 2.0 Type-A)
  • Wireless: Realtek Wi-Fi 5 (1x1) and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo, MU-MIMO supported

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 v 16.0

I hope this will help with my situation! Again, thank you for any assistance I can get

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like I may have solved my own problem, not enough memory! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope your extra memory will solve the issues for you. The system requirements for Elements 2021 specifies 8GB of RAM as below. I think the 2018 version specified 4GB RAM. This is always a minimum and so more memory is always better.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop-elements/system-requirements.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just installed 16GB of RAM, all is good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines