Highlighted

Help with smartobject - Distortion on high quality png

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to place a image on a screen using smart object. But it's getting pixelated when placed.
The same image I have tried on different smart object template I got from internet source worked without getting pixelated. So i believe i'm doing something wrong.

What i have done ,
Create a rectangle and convert into smart object , Transform to fit into the screen.
Double click the smart object and try placing a image in it.

2 ps.png1 ps.png

What i'm importing a high quality png image.

The same png has worked perfectly on other template that got from internet.

Additional infos : 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 21
Number of Launches: 81
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Anyone help me with this ??

THANKS

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

To me it looks like you have created a psd file Rectangle 1.  It bottom layer is a small black rectangle shape layer.  On top of the you placed in a screen capture images the was sized to fit the rectangle shape layer which was the current document canvas size,  You then save a PSD File Rectangle 1.  Which is has a  small canvas size one smaller then a seen  capture size.  So the psd file is a scaled down screen capture.   You then Created a new Document with a Large image canvas size the image that has a display in it. You placed is the small PSD file  and  sized it to fits the display in the image sizing it up in size the interpolation of the small PSD was unacceptable to you. 

Topics

How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Help with smartobject - Distortion on high quality png

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to place a image on a screen using smart object. But it's getting pixelated when placed.
The same image I have tried on different smart object template I got from internet source worked without getting pixelated. So i believe i'm doing something wrong.

What i have done ,
Create a rectangle and convert into smart object , Transform to fit into the screen.
Double click the smart object and try placing a image in it.

2 ps.png1 ps.png

What i'm importing a high quality png image.

The same png has worked perfectly on other template that got from internet.

Additional infos : 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 21
Number of Launches: 81
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Anyone help me with this ??

THANKS

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by JJMack | Most Valuable Participant

To me it looks like you have created a psd file Rectangle 1.  It bottom layer is a small black rectangle shape layer.  On top of the you placed in a screen capture images the was sized to fit the rectangle shape layer which was the current document canvas size,  You then save a PSD File Rectangle 1.  Which is has a  small canvas size one smaller then a seen  capture size.  So the psd file is a scaled down screen capture.   You then Created a new Document with a Large image canvas size the image that has a display in it. You placed is the small PSD file  and  sized it to fits the display in the image sizing it up in size the interpolation of the small PSD was unacceptable to you. 

Topics

How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 08, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your system specs, it looks like you are using a hacked version of Photoshop.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you mean this should not be so!

License Type: Unknown
Serial number:

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0
jane-e LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0