• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi, when I try to use the crop tool, it is stuck and doesn't work, I tried resetting it and clearing

Participant ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I try to use the crop tool, it is stuck and doesn't work, I tried resetting it and clearing it and that did not work. I also, reset all my tools in Preferences and that did not work either. When I tried to move the crop boundary it did not work and froze the mouse, and I was not able to click on any other options because of this. I tried maybe 15 times to fix it, but nothing I did worked. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

I read more of the community forum and found out I just had to click 3 dots  in the Adobe Photoshop section and find the file to go back to the old version of Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version is 22.3.1.  OS is Microsoft Windows 10 Pro . 

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) - 8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 7.89 GB

Available Physical Memory 3.18 GB

Total Virtual Memory 12.9 GB

Available Virtual Memory 7.48 GB

I just switched 2 things in Preferences to the D drive and tried using the crop tool again

but it did not work. The C drive did not have a lot of memory so my mom bought extra memory, which is the D drive. I've used the crop tool before and it worked but today it's not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should really have at least 16GB of RAM - how much spare disk capacity do you have? Something like 100GB would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having a similar issue with a couple of our computers.

A question for OP, when you are in Photoshop and go to Edit and Preferences, on the left side click on Performance, what do you have under Graphics Processor Settings.  Our computers have Unknown GPU.

Before you go down the rabbit hole of trying to find Studio drivers, Gameplay drivers, old versions of both, newest versions of both, I'll tell you that none of that worked for us.

Here's what I've tried and other issues I've seen that I believe are part of a bad update.

-Attempted to install newest .NET Framework (Already installed)
-Installed Visual C++ 2019 Redistributable 32-bit & 64-bit
-Used Adobe Product Removal Tool to Wipe out All Adobe Products
-Manually removed Adobe folders from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files and C:\Program Files\Common Files as well as C:\Users\x\Appdata\Local
-Installed fresh package onto system
-Installed  various video drivers from Nvidia
-Installed all Windows Updates

Issues:
-Crop tool puts Photoshop in a nonresponsive state
-Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App will launch and load components, but will not get past "Loading Apps" and then forces a relaunch of the application, then forces a redownload/reinstallation of Desktop App.
-Media Encoder won't open
-Clone stamp doesn't function properly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows Unknown GPU also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the only way to resolve this issue with the 22.3.1 update not recognizing the graphic card resulting in tons of bugs is to downgrade.

Unfortunately for us, the Creative Cloud Desktop App would get in an endless loop of "Loading Apps", repair itself, and relaunch. Over and over.

Luckily I still had a package I made in March and was able to reinstall 22.3.0 and everything works perfectly.

Unfortunately, even after disabling Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App from running/running on startup, Disabling Updates, etc, Photoshop updated to 22.3.1

Don'tcha just love Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:C.   I've been here waiting for them to produce a new update with everything fixed. I wonder if there is a way they can save different versions of updates so people will be able to choose to downgrade to an older version if their newest update has bugs. I know someone who uses Adobe Products for work. I think its terrible that an update can cause tools to not work for days. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I read more of the community forum and found out I just had to click 3 dots  in the Adobe Photoshop section and find the file to go back to the old version of Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines