Highlighted

High cpu and memory usage CEF helper windows while closed

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm having a problem with the cpu and memory usage CEF helper has. It takes up so much while i'm not even using it. I saw Mac owners had problems with this but didn't see anyone with windows having this issue. Does somebody know why it behaves like this? and what to do to fix it?

TOPICS
Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

High cpu and memory usage CEF helper windows while closed

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm having a problem with the cpu and memory usage CEF helper has. It takes up so much while i'm not even using it. I saw Mac owners had problems with this but didn't see anyone with windows having this issue. Does somebody know why it behaves like this? and what to do to fix it?

TOPICS
Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 23, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue actually. I installed Photoshop 2020 today, and I'm on Windows 10. I found 4 instances of Adobe CEF running. (I can get it down to 3). It randomly spikes my CPU usage even while I have no adobe programs in use, and has spiked it to 100% couple of times.

While running, Photoshop 2020 has capped out my CPU usage three times in one day of use, crashing the program and losing my work. 

If anyone has any solution, please let us know. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also Windows 10 64bit user same issue, my CPU show up to 4 instances running, Creative Clud Sync turned off, tried running lasted Photoshop but my GPU is too old so I reverted, now CPU with nothing other than MS Edge browser open and this one tab for Adobe, my Taks Manager reports spiking of Memory usage by CEF Helper up to 99% and stiitng around 18-24% constantly. Power Useage Very High Memory USage Very High - to Moderate.

When there is no Adobe programs running and sync turned off this is unaccetable, my computer is crawling. It goes away if I force quit all the CEF Helper processes, but that can't be good.

In Task Manager if I go to Details tab and right click on Adobe Desktop services to analyse eait chain, there always seem to be at leat 4 processes waiting to complete "Network I/O" can't end task by selecting them they never change always PID 4824 and various/different threads, they never seem to complete I/O network calls, maybe this is where the helper program is getting hung up?  (I'm not a programmer or IT guy I was just poking around). 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0