High Sierra 10.13

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been working on an older version of Photoshop, installed on Mac 10.6. I now have the system 10.13 installed and was wondering if this old version of Photoshop will work on the newer system. If so, I was wondering if all I had to do was to upload the program from the old cd.

Any help would be appriciated. Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

High Sierra 10.13

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been working on an older version of Photoshop, installed on Mac 10.6. I now have the system 10.13 installed and was wondering if this old version of Photoshop will work on the newer system. If so, I was wondering if all I had to do was to upload the program from the old cd.

Any help would be appriciated. Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop is it?

Photoshop cs/cs2 definitely won't work on macOS 10.13 since they are PowerPC and require Rosetta, a PowerPC emulator on 10.6 and 10.13 doesn't have Rosetta.

Photoshop cs3 thru cs6 will work with varying degrees of success with cs6 being the most compatible.

Unfortunately cs3 can't be activated anymore since adobe took the activation servers down.

To install cs4 thru cs6 on macOS 10.13:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS5.

Thanks for your help. I was also wondering if I need any registration
numbers along with that uploaded cd. If so, I will have to find a way to
open the old Address Book app where I unfortunately stored that information.

--
altSTEVEN

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need the 24 digit serial number in order to activate cs5.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2020 0