• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Histogram issue - Photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the histogram. The black values are on the right hand side, and white on the left, how do I get it back to what it should be, i.e. black on the left?

Thanks

Steve

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

What is the color mode of your document?

The display of the values in the Histogram panel depends on the color mode. For RGB, CMYK, and grayscale modes, the left side always means minimum and the right side always means maximum. For example:

• For RGB, the left side is black (luminance level 0) and the right side is white (luminance level 255).
  • For CMYK and grayscale, the left side is white (0% ink) and the right side is black (100% ink).

If the direction of the histogram is consistent with

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

As the Histogram is not displayed properly in Photoshop, please try restoring the preferences of Photoshop and see if it helps.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the color mode of your document?

The display of the values in the Histogram panel depends on the color mode. For RGB, CMYK, and grayscale modes, the left side always means minimum and the right side always means maximum. For example:

• For RGB, the left side is black (luminance level 0) and the right side is white (luminance level 255).
  • For CMYK and grayscale, the left side is white (0% ink) and the right side is black (100% ink).

If the direction of the histogram is consistent with the color mode, it’s working correctly.

If you’re looking at the Properties panel for a Curves adjustment layer, you can use the Curves Display Options dialog box to reverse the direction of the histogram. In the “Show Amount Of” option, choose Light (0-255) or Pigment/Ink%.

Curves-panel-menu-and-Curves-display-options.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Color mode is RGB and its black on the right hand side when you open curves from new adjustment layer/curves see attached?
Regards
Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you attached a picture, it didn’t show up on the forum web page. If you attached it via email, pictures can be attached only on the forum web page.

Also, make sure you look at my reply again (on the forum web page), if you haven’t seen it since I updated it to show how to reverse the histogram in the Properties panel for a Curves adjustment layer. I added that before you posted your last reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Conrad_C

Thanks I got your updated post and have done, it worked.

Many thanks for your time and replying to my post, very kind.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Mac: Photoshop>Preferences>General or PC: Edit>Preferences>General

2. Click on the button that says Reset Preferences On Quit

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 3.17.10 PM.png

3. Choose OK

4. Restart Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines