Highlighted

history brush not working

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I make edits for sports and was making a gameday template. The 2 logos were overlapping and I clicked on the history brush tool, defined the image, then started using it. But instead of showing the other logo, it just drew white. I tried everything but it didnt work. Helppppppp

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

history brush not working

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I make edits for sports and was making a gameday template. The 2 logos were overlapping and I clicked on the history brush tool, defined the image, then started using it. But instead of showing the other logo, it just drew white. I tried everything but it didnt work. Helppppppp

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Look in your History panel and tell us which History state you have selected in the first column to paint those pixels back in to your file.

jane-e_0-1596940161418.png

Details here. Scroll to History panel and History Brush:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/undo-history.html

If you still have questions, show a screen shot of what you are trying to do.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any particular reason you are using the History Brush? You would likely have more control over your design if you use something like masking. Not a criticism, just a friendly suggestion 😉

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0