• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Holding shift key to connect two brush spots not working in Photoshop 2019

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a brush tool and a mouse, I used to be able to make a line by clicking at a point, hold down shift key, and click again at a second point––Photoshop would create a line between the 2 brush clicks. I am not talking about constraining a line to a certain angle. I am talking about connecting 2 brush clicks by holding the shift key.

After installing Photoshop 2019 on a brand new iMac, this function no longer works.  Anyone have any idea if there is a setting for this?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

That does not sound like a typical Photoshop experience, could you please let us know the exact version of Photoshop you're working with? Verify the version by going to Help > System Info

Also, could you try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if it helps? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes and actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil. The Photoshop version is 20.0.6.

This is a fresh install on a brand new iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even a fresh install can have issues with preferences, sometimes more than an old version, as thing can get messed up during install. I would still try and reset the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK. Prefs reset. Restarted iMac. That did not solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines