• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horizontal Type Tool Causes Crash.

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PS 22.3 on a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC, when I start using the Horizontal Type Tool, the program stops responding, nothing works, and have to use Task Manager to close PS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Does the problem only happen when using a text box? Yes

Do you have the Lorem Ipsum fill enabled? No, i have turned all of the type options off and Photoshop still freezes.

I have reinstalled the previous version 22.3.0 and the issue has gone away.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Type tool. Right-Click the Type tool in the options bar (not Tools panel) and Reset Tool.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion Jane, I tried the reset which went ok, but the next time I start with the type tool the type box opens up then nothing else will work, have to resort to task manager to close PS .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possibility is a corrupted typeface. What typeface are you using? You might try another one.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, tried changing the typeface, tried many different ones, made no difference, sadly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Type tool. Right-Click the Type tool in the options [spam link behind "options" removed by moderator] bar (not Tools panel) and Reset Tool 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Grills5CC1 

With the exception of adding the spam link, what you posted is an exact copy and paste of an earlier comment in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Grills5CC1 

With the exception of adding the spam link, what you posted is an exact copy and paste of an earlier comment in this thread.

By @jane-e

Be careful Jane.  If Mr Grills first name is Bear, you could be in trouble.  He could hunt you down and force you to eat a witchetty grub 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading the rest of the thread has me thinking something is crook with your system.  If you have tried different fonts then it could be Photoshop or it could be Windows. 

Does the problem only happen when using a text box?

Do you have the Lorem Ipsum fill enabled?  If yes, turn it off.  In fact turn off smart quote, glyph protection and glyph alternatives, and if  that fixes it turn them back on one at a time.

image.png

Do you use a font manager like Suitcase?  Try starting Photoshop with the Shift key held down to prevent third party plugins from loading.

Have you tried a new document with small image size (in pixels).  We sometimes see people with all sorts of problems when they thought they'd created a document 1000 X 1000 pixels, but it was actually a 1000 inches at 300dpi.  You can see how that might cause a problem!

You could try resetting Preferences, but you might need to reinstall Photoshop, or it could be Windows that is crook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem, it started this morning after the latest update. Tried all of the above and nothing has resolved the issue, Photoshop just crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stuart5CB3 , 

Please answer each of the questions from @Trevor.Dennis 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the problem only happen when using a text box? Yes

Do you have the Lorem Ipsum fill enabled? No, i have turned all of the type options off and Photoshop still freezes.

I have reinstalled the previous version 22.3.0 and the issue has gone away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have same/similar problem: when I use text-tool and click on a layer i get error "the typeface failed. Try inactivate and reinstall typeface".
Last time I used type-tool was about two months ago: problem has emerged since then.
Windows 10
Photoshop 22.3.1
No plug-ins.
I have tried stuart5CB3 solutions above but no effekt.
I have tried different kind of typefaces (adobe font, system, open fece etc): no difference.
Same problem with Illustrator (but Illustrator freezes!).
But no problem with InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have the same problem... I tried everything that you mentioned... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines