Highlighted

Horrible Camera Raw update - how roll back to previous version?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Last update of Camera Raw is really horrible.  Another update where are many annoying bugs.
Why the [Profanity removed by moderator] is Camera Raw so slow after this update? When You have many XMP profiles in collections, it is extremely laggy.
Need find some way how downgrade Camera Raw to previous version. I tried downgrade Photoshop, but  it still using last Camera Raw.
BTW: Before this update was everything fine. Not HW related - i7 4770K, 32GB RAM, 970GTX.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Horrible Camera Raw update - how roll back to previous version?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Last update of Camera Raw is really horrible.  Another update where are many annoying bugs.
Why the [Profanity removed by moderator] is Camera Raw so slow after this update? When You have many XMP profiles in collections, it is extremely laggy.
Need find some way how downgrade Camera Raw to previous version. I tried downgrade Photoshop, but  it still using last Camera Raw.
BTW: Before this update was everything fine. Not HW related - i7 4770K, 32GB RAM, 970GTX.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jan Dzacovsky,

We're sorry to hear about this, please check this link and try to reinstall the Camera Raw plugin and let us know if it helps: Camera Raw plug-in installer

Regards,

Sahil

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the link and installed the previous ACR and now things are very screwed up.

• Thumbnails aren't showing for raw (CR2) files in Bridge.
  • XMP files are there but adjustments aren't applied in ACR when you open a previously edited raw file.
  • Double clicking a raw file opens Photoshop first and only when it is completely loaded does ACR launch even though Double-Click Edits Camera Raw Settings in Bridge is checked.
  • Keywords for raw files are completely gone.
  • Rebuilding\Purging cache has no effect.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I tried to install the previoous camera raw plug in which shows in Photoshop but I cannot open a phto in Bridge with Camera Raw.  Camera Preferences in Bridge is greyed out and 'open with' only show Photoshop - not Camera Raw as before.  Can anyone help me to solve this please?  Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Sahil,

I second Jan's comment regarding the new interface. Also I always have "ignore .xmp sidecar files" in file handling, yet as soon as I open a raw file, an xmp file is generated immediately. Camera Raw used to save ALL edits inside the raw files and now it ALWAYS generates it. How can I stop this from happening?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
gmstead LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree, can we please have the previous version back ASAP. The new version is doubling my workflow time!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines