• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hotkeys don't work until I open a menu

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I boot up Photoshop, no hotkeys to switch between tools work. For example, I can't switch to the brush tool, or to the line tool, etc, until I open up some GUI element like the hotkey or preferences editor.

Furthermore, while working on a document, the hotkeys will again stop working, and I again have to open up one of these menus before they'll work again.

This bug didn't occur in the some of the versions of Photoshop from two years back or whatnot. This is basic functionality, and wasted clicks every time I need to use the program. Please fix this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

This is the first time I read of this issue on these forums. Can you try these?

• Try rebooting, then relaunch Photoshop with nothing else launched
  • Try rebooting in Safe Mode, then relaunch Photoshop with nothing else launched
    Both of these are to see if another application has taken over your shortcuts.
  • Reset Preferences from Preferences > General. Backup customization first.

Let us know if any of this works.

@jamess61743415 wrote:

Please fix this.

We are users just like you and are volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time I read of this issue on these forums. Can you try these?

• Try rebooting, then relaunch Photoshop with nothing else launched
  • Try rebooting in Safe Mode, then relaunch Photoshop with nothing else launched
    Both of these are to see if another application has taken over your shortcuts.
  • Reset Preferences from Preferences > General. Backup customization first.

Let us know if any of this works.

@jamess61743415 wrote:

Please fix this.

We are users just like you and are volunteers on this forum.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for your reply and potential solutions. So far with limited testing, I haven't had this problem since I tried resetting preferences.

quoteWe are users just like you and are volunteers on this forum.

~ Jane

By @jane-e

Don't get me wrong, I looked inside of Photoshop for a direct bug reporting feature, which I could not find. Then having to go through a cumbersome 3 step log-in process in the middle of a busy workday just to be able to post a bug.

Like everyone who pays a subscription to use Photoshop, we know it isn't cheap, and part of what we pay for is official support.

By the time I've lost my patience where I'm going to stomach spending time going through the hassle of posting on the community forum, I'm not going to be happy about being here. I may have been forward in asking for support for the product we pay for, but I'm not going out of my way to be rude or insulting.

Could you point me toward a different place where I can report bugs directly to the developers, or is the community forum the only place to do so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jamess61743415 wrote:

Thankyou for your reply and potential solutions. So far with limited testing, I haven't had this problem since I tried resetting preferences.

Could you point me toward a different place where I can report bugs directly to the developers, or is the community forum the only place to do so?

Hi James

You're welcome, and I'm glad it's been working since resetting preferences. The forum for bug reports and feature requests that is monitored by the product developers is here:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, James !

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines