• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I add a heart shape to custom tools in photoshop 2021?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really annoyed to find that there is no heart shape in the selection of custom shapes tool in the latest version of photoshop. There are boats for god's sake... but no heart???

So my question is... how can I add heart shapes to the custome shape tool please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Have you actually tried »Legacy Shapes and More«? 

Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 15.00.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually tried »Legacy Shapes and More«? 

Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 15.00.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No... how do I get to these please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Legacy Shapes and More« 

legacyShapes.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 14.24.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much c.pfaffenbichler for trying to help. I don't seem to have that option in the menu : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh... I think I've found it : ) Thanks you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, there is a Shapes Panel of its own now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i have the same problem. I can't find it either. Please help me. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Frenchsinger 

You are looking in the options bar. To find the legacy shapes, open the (newish) Shapes panel from the Window menu and use the panel menu (the lines in the upper right). See the screenshots that c.pfaffenbichler posted earlier in this thread.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i found it! 🥳🥳🥳 thank you so much :heart_suit:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @Frenchsinger , happy to help! 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes i found it! 🥳🥳🥳 thank you so much :heart_suit:

By @Frenchsinger

And don't forget to use the search bar in the Shapes panel.  It only looks in groups that are open in the main window, and, as far as I know, it does not have 'fuzzy' search capabilities, so you need the correct spelling and the precise word, but search bars are still a huge help and time saver.  I especially like the Brush preset search bar.  If you are looking in the Kyle Webster Mega Pack, for instance, that has more than five hundred presets in eight sub-groups so using search words like charcol, spatter (not splatter) water, and oil will make the list so much more managable.

A common complaint we see on this forum is that since brush managment was 'improved' in 2017, selecting a preset can also change to a different tool. So it would be super useful if the search bar had a feature that restricted search results to just the current tool.

Finally, I can't talk about Photoshop, search tools without mentioning Discover which can be super useful for new users, and still help out experienced users for seldom used tools or features. It can either just give you the location of a tool, filter, feature, or give you in depth help on how to use it.   Photoshop is a complex application, so let's make use of all the help we can get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines