• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I disable the start screen in photoshop 2020?

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to PS 2020 and I can't figure out how to get rid of the annoying start/home screen.  Any ideas? That option to turn it off is either gone or not where it used to be.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can disable it in preferences

2019-11-18 17_11_49-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this several times, does not work, still stuck with the hideous, depressing grey block :o(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try again. It will go away eventually. After you checked the box, and opened an image to make the home screen go away - make sure you are closing Photoshop in that state. No home screen when you close.

I've had to do this several times, on two machines, but it does get the message in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks for trying to help but it will not work for me, the escape key does nothing. I'm on 21.0.2 on a Mac if that makes any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences and updating to 21.0.3

image1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will give it a go, thank you :o)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem, grey icon not possible uncheck. Did you figure out? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Change the workspace to Photography after changing the Use Legacy "New Document" interface option under preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Escape key? What does that have to do with anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Escape key? What does that have to do with anything?"

Maybe yvp is referring to the last post in this thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-2019-disable-start-screen-gone-from-preferences/m...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, OK. Anyway, as I've said many times, unchecking "auto show home screen" will eventually make it go away, but it may require many attempts and doing it in the right sequence. I've gone through this four times lately, and every time I had to make sure that Photoshop was closed without the home screen actually present. If it's there and you close out, it'll be back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines