• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I extend one side of this picture that is cut off

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been looking all over Google and even found some topics here but none of them helped me. I've got a specific question: is there a way that I can extend this picture's left side so that the white car isn't cut off anymore? I've tried content aware scale as well but that isn't the right tool. I'm quite new to Photoshop (I know the basics) so if you have the answer for me, could you please explain it to me in simple steps? Huge thanks in advance!!DSC_0030.JPG

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt new content aware implementation will help much. It had to have database uploaded to rezognise objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a (very) quick and dirty example. Do use the crop tool, not the content aware scale, and make sure "content aware" is checked at the top. Drag the left edge to expand the image. Content aware will fill with the other side of the car but you will have to clone out the excess pixels. Use other parts of the image to do so. You may need to create a mask around the car to make sure the shape is OK. I did this in 5 minutes and I know it looks bad - but if you take the time you can make it look a lot better. Need to fully clone the headlight - I did not do that. I just wanted to get you started.

DSC_0030.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your original image does not contain that part of the car then the only way is to creat it in Photoshop using manula method as already mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can't recover what's not there, therefore you have to build it by cloning and painting. The cloning can be from that image or others if you have them. Remember the clone tool can be set to reverse direction, scale and rotate as well as straightforward cloning

Be careful what you find there though:

2019-10-13_21-14-11.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Be careful what you find there though"

Hahaha, Dave!

(We actually did see a saddled horse sans rider galloping down a major road a few years back...)

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've done it. I managed to copy the part from another picture taken in kind of the same angle. After that I just started copying a lot of pieces and putting them together. I managed to make this. Any opinions or tips?jesse-ga-eens-beter-uitzoomen.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good job - better than my guess on the car shape above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines