How can I get an image to clip over another imported image?

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be missing something very basic here but to get to the point, I am doing a tee shirt design and have a picture of an imported skull but i would like to be able to add another photo of flames to clip over the skull so that it appears like the skull is made of flames. When I try to mask it over, I just get a rectangle of fire and the skull is nowhere to be seen.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How can I get an image to clip over another imported image?

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be missing something very basic here but to get to the point, I am doing a tee shirt design and have a picture of an imported skull but i would like to be able to add another photo of flames to clip over the skull so that it appears like the skull is made of flames. When I try to mask it over, I just get a rectangle of fire and the skull is nowhere to be seen.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 12.22.15 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 12.25.36 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 12.25.46 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way to see what you skull layer is like.  We can not see its layer palette's content thumbnail. If it has a white backgrount the clipping shown would be correct.

image.png

perhaps yot want this

image.png

or

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thank you so much! That first example you did is exactly what I want to be able to do moving foward! How did you exactly get the flames inside of the shape of the skull?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the thumbnails in the layers palette in the example that you like to see.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 0