• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I move 3D text against background?

Participant ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the latest version of Photoshop (22.1.1) I think. I have some 3D text (first time playing with this) that I need to move further from the top edge of the background. But when I select that layer, and click the move tool, I get the 3D editing tools, which allow me to rotate, pan, etc., but I can't figure out how to simply move the existing layer without changing it.  Any suggestions appreciated. I'm far from a PS expert. I've done quite a bit of photo editing, but nothing with 3D text before this.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Hi

Thanks for the tag Trevor

Bob,

Press Ctrl+T and you will get a message asking you to convert the 3D layer to a Smart Object. Do so and you can move and transform it like any other layer. To re-edit the 3D layer itself just double click on the smart object.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm will be along shortly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for the tag Trevor

Bob,

Press Ctrl+T and you will get a message asking you to convert the 3D layer to a Smart Object. Do so and you can move and transform it like any other layer. To re-edit the 3D layer itself just double click on the smart object.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!  I also figured out that if I right click on the layer and choose rasterize I can move it, but that probably won't let me edit it again.  Really appreciate the quick reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines