• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Can I Move the Options Bar to my Second Monitor?

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved all my palettes to my second monitor, so that my main iMac monitor, with the Apple menus at the top, shows only my image. But the Options Bar does not seem to offer any way to move it to that second monitor. There's no grab area at the left of the bar, for example.

How can I move it to my second monitor?

I'm running Mac OS X Mojave and Photoshop CC 2019.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't seem to tell me how to move the options bar, does it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but it shows even when you will do it somehow a new problem will most possibly arise. Try with one monitor to see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it might be simplest to just leave things as they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I still don’t know how to move the options bar if I don’t care about that bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone with multimonitor perhpas will show up. I could only help in understanding why something else can be problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about Mac but in Windows this is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might easily be true for the Mac, too. I'm going to ignore the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've managed to do it with Windows by dragging the application window to a different monitor, and dragging a tabbed document window back to my main screen.  It was a bugger putting back together again, so thanks for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this all became an issue when I moved my menu bar back to my main monitor, and all the palettes etc. all migrated, too -- to the wrong place. I had to rearrange everything by hand all over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't you save workspace to load / reset it when needed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure -- Workspaces work like normal. Just can't move that Options Bar to the second monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the far left of the Tool Options Bar there is a place to grab and drag/move.

Looks like ten dashes.

ob-1.png

ob-2.png

ob-3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wasn't home when I made the last post.

Here it is with an external monitor with the picture on the main MacBook Pro screen w/menu bar and the panels including the tool options bar on the secondary monitor.

duall.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

krinkly2009  wrote

Yes, this all became an issue when I moved my menu bar back to my main monitor, and all the palettes etc. all migrated, too -- to the wrong place. I had to rearrange everything by hand all over again.

I didn't dot the 'i's and cross the 't's as I didn't think I needed to, but it does what you ask as I described it.

You obviously need to arrange the panels and save as a new workspace, but if you close and reopen Photoshop it will remember, or you can invoke your new workspace.

It is a slightly problematic that new docs will initially appear in the  second monitor, but as long as you leave a tiny gap above you rearranged panels, you can quickly drag to the main screen.  Having docs arranged 'Floating in windows' makes this easier.

I personally think this would be a PITA, but you can't separate the options bar from the main app window and menus so it is what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines