• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I restore a previous version of CC?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the automatic update of CC, I have found two very significant problems.

First, the 2021 version of Photoshop is COMPLETELY unusable.  Not only does it now use all available memory (and then some), all processes are extremely slow.  (I cannot even open any other app, even file explorer.)

Second, this automatic update deleted all my previous versions of CC.  The CC desktop app does not recognize the existence of these previous versions, so I cannot use this to install an older version.  I have seen some posts that recommend getting downloads from prodesign tools, but these downloads do not install.

I have waited for over 3 HOURS on the support chat with Adobe, been transferred to 4 different reps, and am still waiting for someone to tell me how I can get back to a working version of CC.

Please, if anyone can give me advice, I would hugely appreciate it!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC desktop should allow you to install both the current and previous versions so v22.x and v21.x. In the desktop app. click on the 3 dots next to the "Open" button and choose "Other versions".

If it does not - click at the top right and check for updates to teh desktop app itself and make sure you are logged in.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both of those versions seem to have the memory issues.  I want to go back further, to a version that actually worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like there is a problem with your installation. I have both versions installed here and no memory issues with either of them.

To go back further you will need to go directly to Adobe and explain why you need to go back to an earlier, unsupported version.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, if only I could!  I have wasted the majority of the day trying to get through to customer support, being passed from rep to rep, being disconnected multiple times, etc. etc.

I have seen several other posts from people who have experienced the same memory/extreme slowness issues, and have wanted to revert to an older version, so it's not just me.  (You call it unsupported, but at least it worked!)  However, if someone at Adobe can tell me what problem there might be with the installation, I would be happy to have their help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On this forum we don't work for Adobe. We are just volunteer users, who use the software constantly and can often help out. We cannot though speak for Adobe or access Adobe systems to get software links.

Can you open the software and got to Help>System info and click the copy button. Then paste the info here. There may be something in your installation that is leading to the issues you are experiencing.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I have wasted the majority of the day trying to get through to customer support, being passed from rep to rep"

Adobe offices were closed in the U.S.A. over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. You might try again on Monday. If you didn't get a case number, get that first.

Also be sure to post the system info that Dave asked for here in this thread so we can better assist.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to change the settings in the CC App so that it doesn't delete old versions in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines