• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I see Tool names when hovering over a tool?

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am struggling to find out how to see the tool names when I hover my mouse over a specific tool or application. When hovering my house over anything like the Paint Brush tool or the Brightness / Contrast application, It does not show me its name. This makes it very hard to find specific things when I need them. I have read 1 other post that seemed similar to the one I am making right now that was answered with going to the preferences page and selecting Show Tool Tips, I have checked there and it was already selected and I still do not see the Tool/application names when my mouse hovers over them. Any help is much appreciated. (The Underline in the 1st photo is to indicate where my mouse would be hovering but no tool name to be seen)Screenshot (5)_LI.jpgScreenshot (7).png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Hi! I am sorry you're having this frustration! Can you tell us what version of Photoshop you are using? And also, are you on a Mac or Windows machine? 

You might try resetting your preferences. Please see this document for more information: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Let us know if that fixes the issue!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am sorry you're having this frustration! Can you tell us what version of Photoshop you are using? And also, are you on a Mac or Windows machine? 

You might try resetting your preferences. Please see this document for more information: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Let us know if that fixes the issue!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You!

That seemed to have fixed my problem! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines