• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I tilt an object to fit onto a shelf?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm working with a kit to create a close mockup of a wall/desk scene. Since nothing had all the objects I needed, I'm having to add outside objects to the shelves, such as the coffee cup pictured. Since the perspective/camera angle is wrong, I need to tilt the object back so it'll sit realistically on the shelf.  Since several other outside objects will also need to sit on shelves, I gotta figure this out.  Although I'm not new to Photoshop, I haven't really delved into the 3d portions until now, and I'm suddenly feeling like a beginner.  I've spent pretty much all yesterday afternoon and evening researching, watching videos, and trying everything I can find...and failed each time. 

It seems like this should be a simple task and I'm missing something obvious--but what?  I've tried vp, perspective warp, 3d, and skewing. But since I'm trying to tilt this back, not skew it to a side wall or anything, I can't get it to work. At one point I had it in 3d and was moving it around with the camera, but the end result was just really really bad.  

Could someone clue me in? I'd really appreciate any thoughts or ideas anyone has.  Attached is a sample file to show you what I'm attempting to do.  

Oh, and I'm running PS 22.0.1 on a Surface Studio with Windows 10.

Thanks for your time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your shelf has a straight on 3D perspective the shelf top surface is not visible.  So your Cup 3D perspective is wrong for your shelf. To be on your shelf you would not be able to see the curve of the cup's bottom and the Cup's lid perspective should be from below not from above like you have it.   The cup perspectives you would be on a shelf that is lower on the wall so we can see the shelf top surfaces and the front shelf edge would be lower then the shelf top surface and be lower then the cups bottom  curved surface.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines