• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can I turn off "replace missing fonts"?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop is once again deciding to "replace all missing fonts" on its own - and if I miss that it did so, it can completely screw things up - if I notice in time, I can go back in history and stop this ridiculous automatic option. 

How can I stop if from doing this? It's absolutely nuts to do this - at least without a giant pop up or something to let us know that it's completely altering the look of a job, by itself.

One of our interns didn't notice it and printed a set of 600" x 126" prints with the wrong font. Now we have to reprint at our cost because Adobe has gone crazy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the fonts Adobe Fonts or locally installed ones (if so why are they missing)? 

Could you provide a screenshot of the History Panel?

Could you provide an affected file?

Quite frankly I don’t intend to install some font just to be able to uninstall it again in order to test this problem as I have so far not observed something similar. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A brute approach might be to »Reset All Warning Dialogs« (Photoshop > Preferences > General) and see if that makes a difference. 

Or even »Rest Preferences on Quit« (after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do realize what that message means? It means the document uses a font that you don't have installed on your system. It's just not there.

So it's a fair question, don't you think? What are you going to do about it? Install the font, or alter the document to use a font that you actually have? Your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes of course I do - but photoshop does not give Suitcase Fusion enough time to actually open the fonts required before it swaps them out.

It does not mean it's not installed on my system, it means that the font is not open. Suitcase will open it for me, but it's not being given the chance.

Unfortunately, it's not my choice though - Adobe is deciding for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce the issue, missing fonts are markes as such but that’s that. 

Screenshot 2021-04-01 at 12.24.14.png

Is there anything set undet

File > Scripts > Script Events Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, there's nothing in there.

the attached screengrab shows it in the history tab, but it's done without any user interaction at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am afraid there is nothing to do but reset the Preferences … after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved. (At least nothing better comes to my mind at current.)

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Does the issue persist after that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines