• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how cut 699 cameraprofiles out of DNG Converter

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DNG Converter has about 700 cameraprofiles. I need only 1!

Can you delete the 699 unused profiles to save diskspace? (like you can delete all unnecessary camera/lens profiles in PS)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

? Nobody is bothered with the 500 mb that DNG Converter uses up, especially not with the probably 100's of mb of wasted diskspace that contains the +690 profiles that they will never use?

No one ever thought about this???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, I ran WinDirStat on my system drive. That's just the operating system and installed applications; a little over 80GB total. The camera profiles are outlined in white here:

camera-profiles.png

There's about 400GB free space still left on the drive, so no, I'm not really worried.

In my PSD master file archive, I don't think there are many individual files under 500MB. And there are tens of thousands of them.

Really, if you need to free up disk space, there are better places to look. Start by running disk cleanup, that alone will give you many times more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi D Fosse, your image clearly shows profiles almost use 1 gb! Most part of this a dead weight. People who own 'only' 1 camera brand can safely delete ALL other profiles. And from their own brand delete all but the model they own. Same goes for lensprofiles!
When you don't use the abracadabra of lens and camera profiles you can delete all of that dead weight.
Can't see what is difficult about that... Really cleaning dead weight is something you should do.

But having said that, my topic is about DNG Converter. Not about CR. So where are the camera/lens profiles from that app stored? The app itself is about 500mb!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, camera and lens profiles are stored in a common centralized location, to be used by not only the DNG converter, but also Camera Raw and Lightroom.

On Windows this location is C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw.

My install of the DNG converter under C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe DNG Converter is only 114 MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it's 500 MB, not 1 GB.

But again, I can't understand why you would single out camera profiles, of all things, if you need to clear out space. It's nothing compared to so many other things taking up space.

Get WinDirStat and click on those big blobs. You'll be surprised what some of them are, like your web browser cache and so on. Just checked, and my Firefox cache is 1GB. And then there's the Bridge cache, perhaps 20 GB or more, which you can move to another drive. And if you're really desperate, you can disable hibernation, that's one of the big red ones above. And so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it is a matter of AND AND.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines