• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I achieve this look?

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm relatively new to PS (but fine on SketchUp, Enscape, Twinmotion, Revit etc) and am looking for help on some architectural project drawings which I'd like to complete in a certain style and colouring matching an example drawing (attached). I was hoping someone could give me some ideas as to how I'd get this look for my drawings using a 3D model as the base. Style Match.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would set the colors of materials and surfaces while working in Sketchup, keeping them to the desired color theme.

Changing the colors of materials and faces in SketchUp

https://blog.sketchup.com/article/changing-colors-materials-and-faces-sketchup

If you're not sure which colors you want to use, Adobe Color can help with creating and exploring color themes:

https://color.adobe.com/create/color-wheel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I've been using SU for 15yrs so am OK with changing the colour to materials. You can't though, quite get these sort of tones in SU as it's quite limited for output tbh. It's like the model has been clay rendered then processed in SU then the colours add but also it's the texture in the background I'd like a hand with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I 1st read your post, I was thinking about trying to match just the color, not the style and color.

Here's something you could try:

1. Open your Sketchup render in Photoshop and convert for Smart Filters (Filter > Convert for Smart Filters).
  2. Apply Texturizer from the Filter Gallery (Filter > Filter Gallery... > Texture > Texturizer).
  3. Create a Levels Adjustment Layer and change the mids from 1.0 to 2.5 (Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Levels...).
  4. Create a Hue/Saturation Adjustment layer and change the Saturation from 9 to -25  (Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Hue/Saturation...).

This should get you in the ballpark of what you're going for.

I applied it to two images featured on Sketchup's blog pages below to provide a sample of how it looks.

-Warren

Stylize Sketchup in PS - 2g5pi7g81m0qndr7.pngStylize Sketchup in PS - itemeditorimage_5ed767d03a316.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried Adobe Dimension?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking your example with Levels we can see there are no blacks in the image

image.png

We can achieve that with Curves or Levels.  I've used Levels below by moving the output slider to the right opening up shadow values, and the midtone slider to the left to brighten the image.  Note I have masked the left side of the image so you can see before and after.

image.png

Opening up the blacks has reduced saturation some, but you could go further with a Hue/Saturation or Vibrance layer.

I would always Export to 2D from SketchUp (at 4000 pixels) and use Photoshop for any sort of effect like this.  You have infinitely more control and it really doesn't take much time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm...  It didn't show my saturation screen shot.  Try again.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is just that "canvas" look that you are after, put your render on a layer above or below a layer filled with a canvas pattern (Edit >Fill >Pattern and choose a canvas surface pattern). Change the blend mode of the upper layer to Multiply.

2021-02-09_23-16-54.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone for your help. The combination of all of your suggestions has got me there. Perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines