• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i apply adjustments to a clipped layer only

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to apply a adjustment layer to layer 7 only(which is clipped to layer 6) how do i do it?

Please help 

Screenshot (64).png

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can clip an adjustment layer to a pixel layer, so that the adjustment only applies to that layer - even if that pixel layer is itself clipped to an underlying layer.

In other words, just go ahead and add an adjustment layer, and clip that to Layer 7.

That said, I can't see that clipping 7 to 6 accomplishes anything here, it's contained within the pixel content boundary anyway. It's just floating on top. Unclipping it won't change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can clip an adjustment layer to a pixel layer, so that the adjustment only applies to that layer - even if that pixel layer is itself clipped to an underlying layer.

In other words, just go ahead and add an adjustment layer, and clip that to Layer 7.

That said, I can't see that clipping 7 to 6 accomplishes anything here, it's contained within the pixel content boundary anyway. It's just floating on top. Unclipping it won't change anything.

By @D Fosse

How do i clip another layer to my already clipped layer,here layer 7 is clipped to layer 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place the cursor between the layers (in the Layers panel)

Press the alt key

Click

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried it,It applies to layer 6 which is the main layer. I want to know if i can add adjustments to layer 7 which is clipped to layer 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines