• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I brush after lasso without getting the black smudge?

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I lasso, I start brushing around the lines. Sometimes it blends nicely and then in certain areas I get a big black brush mark. Im playing around with opacity and flow but nothing seems to make it seemless. Can anyone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot? What tool are you using to brush? You can change the blend modes of most the brush tools to lighten, so you won't get a dark smudge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm struggling to understand your workflow.  What you are trying to do?

You've made a selection using the lasso tool.  Was this from a layer that had no transparent pixels?  i.e. the selection perfectly matched what you moved around with the lasso tool?

You say you are brushing around the lines.  You can obviously only apply the brush within the selected area.  Is that what you are trying to do?

As Chuck said, we need to know exactly what tool you are using, and the contents of your workspace and the layer you are using the brush on.

The only cirumstances I can think of that would match what you describe is a) you are using the smudge tool, or b) the layer had some transparent pixels and you have a feather set in the options bar, but they feel like long shots. Try going into Quickmask mode.  That will show what is selected and by how much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines