• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the default save location for my Photoshop documents?

New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want my documents to save in the download folder, I want them saved in the documents folder I have. I don't know why it tries to save  there every single time, its beyond annoying to change the file location every time. Nor do I want to use the cloud. I just want to save on my computer. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing Photoshop has is Preferences > Edit > Save As to Original Folder. You could uncheck that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have that unchecked as my standard setting. It means Photoshop will save to the last save location used.

With "save as to original folder" checked (the default setting), the save automatically goes back to the folder the image came from. It sounds like your images are downloaded, so that's where they go. You can change this in your web browser's settings, and specify your own download location.

In addition you can go into your operating system settings and specify the location for "documents". It doesn't necessarily have to be the standard documents folder under your user account.

It might be a good idea to have an option in Photoshop to set a default save location. I wouldn't know, personally I would have no use for that, but that's just me. You can try a feature request in the feedback forum and see how many +1's you get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines