Highlighted

How Do I Clear Up Space on a Scratch Disk?

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know how to free up disk space and how to clear out space on the scratch disk. I am unable to use features of Photoshop because the "scratch disk is full", and I am still not sure how to address this. The scratch disk is located somewhere on my C: drive, but I can't seem to find where it is located. Do I use an outside source for my scratch disk in the future? Thanks, community!

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How Do I Clear Up Space on a Scratch Disk?

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know how to free up disk space and how to clear out space on the scratch disk. I am unable to use features of Photoshop because the "scratch disk is full", and I am still not sure how to address this. The scratch disk is located somewhere on my C: drive, but I can't seem to find where it is located. Do I use an outside source for my scratch disk in the future? Thanks, community!

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It is always good to have free space on your main disk, as the link is super, I try yes or yes, to leave about 10Gb free.

Regards,

WbolanosCo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the C: drive is designated as your scratch disk, that is your main HD.

There isnt a location on your HD where the scratch disk is located - it IS your C: drive entirely.

The issue is as you use PS, it builds up space usage until you quit.

I would follow Michelle's recommended link and also designate a different drive than the same as your storage/application.

Kevin Stohlmeyer Adobe Community Professional/Adobe Certified Instructor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines