Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create something like this?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

How would I create something like the images attached? I currently use illustrator, but I would like to develop my skills, to create something like the attached - I do not know if photoshop is how I would go about creating something like this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd composite the image – LinkedIn Learning has online video tutorials on creating composite images with Photoshop, you can get 30-days free access.

For example Photoshop Compositing Tips, Tricks, & Techniques and Photographing for Compositing in Photoshop by Seán Duggan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first one is an illustration, so if youre an artist you would paint it. The second one is, as Derek said, a composite. It looks to me like a comp of a photo and a painting. I second the advice to look at tutorials. Here's a good one by Colin Smith (and you can find many more by googling):

Step By Step Composite 

One thing to rememeber: You have to be careful of what images you use for these things. Make sure the copyright owner doesn't mind by checking the license terms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What are you creating this for exactly  -- the web, video, print, product packaging, something else?  I ask because final output is everything.  It determines which tools and specifications you should use to create your artwork.  

Illustrator is best for math-based vector output such as logos, drawings, icons, cartoons, illustrations and other flat colored images.  Photoshop is mainly for pixel-based raster images (photography & bitmaps). 

To learn to composite in Photoshop, look on YouTube for Jesus Ramirez  -- the Photoshop Training Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdQ_ZkYaMe6qPoueUyPQgpQ

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines