Highlighted

How do I cut-out people in this shot but then also show the background

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently trying to edit the people out of this image, and once I do it, am left with an outline of where the people were (I'm using the selection tool, then content-aware fill) any way of erasing the small outline and leaving the background behind the people? (BTW I have also tried using the clone tool).

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by SJRiegel | Adobe Community Professional

any way of erasing the small outline and leaving the background behind the people?

There is no way to "leave the background," because the background does not exist in the file directly behind the figures. The only way to get the result you want is to carefully rebuild the background in small sections. The clone tool can be of help with this, but for a background this complex, no fully automated method will do a good job of this.

Topics

Mac, Make It, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I cut-out people in this shot but then also show the background

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently trying to edit the people out of this image, and once I do it, am left with an outline of where the people were (I'm using the selection tool, then content-aware fill) any way of erasing the small outline and leaving the background behind the people? (BTW I have also tried using the clone tool).

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by SJRiegel | Adobe Community Professional

any way of erasing the small outline and leaving the background behind the people?

There is no way to "leave the background," because the background does not exist in the file directly behind the figures. The only way to get the result you want is to carefully rebuild the background in small sections. The clone tool can be of help with this, but for a background this complex, no fully automated method will do a good job of this.

Topics

Mac, Make It, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand what you are asking then try with automated Spot Healing Brush Tool for your task. You can click then Shift + click at the end of line to force Photoshop to draw straight line where will occur pixel substitutions using Spot Healing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines