• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I deactivate a new group?

Engaged ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am following a tutorial on focus stacking.

Step 1 had me open all images in Photoshop

Step 2 had me create a Stack - Files > Scripts > Load Files into Stack with Align selected.

This created a new "untitled" file and a Load Layers layer. then duplicate the folder with Ctrl+J. This duplicated the new "Load Layers" layer.

Step 3 says "Deactivate the new group, then, Edit > Auto-Blend Layers

Auto-Blend Layers is unavailable (grayed out).

Because I could not find a Deactive Group in any of the PS menus, I hid the new "Load Layers" layer and the "Load Layers copy" layer that was created as a result of creating an image stack and doing a Ctrl +J thinking that this would make Auto-Blend Layers available. It did not.

My problem is that Auto-Blend Layers is unavailable. I assume that is because I could not find a way to Deactivate the new group. The only solution I could think of is that the group that was being talked about is the new file I created when I created the stack. I tried to exit the new file and save it but it would not save because at 75% is was more than 2 GB. So, I deleted it thinking that this would activate the Auto-Blend Layers. It did not. what it did is delete all the layers.

So, I started over. Now I am at the same point I was at where Auto-Blend Layers is unavailable, I have a new "Load Layers" layer and a copy of it.

How do I deactivate group and make Edit > Auto-Blend Layers available.

I look forward to your answer,

Jim

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by "Deactivate Group" they just mean unselect the group in the layers panel. There is no menu for that.

In order for Auto Blend layers to work, you have to have more than one layer selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After loading the files in step2, press ctrl + alt + a (select all layers), then ctrl + g (create group from layer), then ctrl + j (duplicate group), then turn off the eye on new "group 1 copy", then clik on old group ("group 1").
This will deactivate "group 1 copy" and activate "group 1". )

p.s. some nonsense was given by the translator )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I first creat a layer from background after creating my stack?

Jim

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Background in your "untitled" document. Or you are doing something wrong. Try searching for a video lesson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The layers have to be selected to use AutoBlend. Is the tutorial one that we can see or is it on a paid site? Here is Help for AutoBlend:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/combine-images-auto-blend-layers.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines