Highlighted

How do I disable Autosave on Adobe Photoshop (2020)

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not that I don't enjoy the Autosave- its that I have no room on my C drive to save them, which is where it made me install the creative cloud portal and is where everything is saving. I either need a way to change the autosave to the D drive or to disable the autosave.

I can't clear out my C drive because its practically bare bones, and I can't get a bigger C drive for a couple months at least, at the moment i have less then a gig on by C drive due to adobe constantly autosaving to the C drive.

Love the product overall but this issue is making it unusable for me.

Topics

FAQ, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I disable Autosave on Adobe Photoshop (2020)

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not that I don't enjoy the Autosave- its that I have no room on my C drive to save them, which is where it made me install the creative cloud portal and is where everything is saving. I either need a way to change the autosave to the D drive or to disable the autosave.

I can't clear out my C drive because its practically bare bones, and I can't get a bigger C drive for a couple months at least, at the moment i have less then a gig on by C drive due to adobe constantly autosaving to the C drive.

Love the product overall but this issue is making it unusable for me.

Topics

FAQ, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 09, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean auto recovery? if so uncheck it. If you doe not have free space on your boot disk you need to free up some if you want your operating system to run well.

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't possibly expect to work with less than 1 GB of free HD space.  That's not just ridiculous, it's impossible.  Every computer needs ample HD space to perform routine processes. 

• Uninstall all non-essential software. 
  • Move work files to external drives.  A Seagate 1TB external HD on Amazon costs less than $50.
  • Use your external HD as your Photoshop Scratch Disk.
  • Move your Creative Cloud Files folder to another drive. Open CC Desktop App.  Click on Preferences (gear icon).  See screenshot below.
    Creative Cloud Desktop AppCreative Cloud Desktop App
  • Defragment your non-SSD drives.

For future reference,  please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + all other apps you intend to use. Check each one. Keep in mind that operating systems like Catalina  require 4 GB of RAM and 12.5 GB of primary HD storage.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Recommended Photoshop Workstation

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Photoshop-139/Hardware-Recomm...

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2020 0