Highlighted

How do I disable the Save As Copy box when saving as a PDF in Photoshop 2020?

When saving a PDF from Photoshop CC 2020, the "Save a Copy" box is automatically checked off in the Save Window. Prior to CC 2020 I could save over an existing PDF file without generating a copy each time without the "Save a Copy" box being checked, how do I disable it?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Hi there,

That does not sound good, could you please let us know the operating system you're working with?
At my end I am ablt to check or uncheck the Save as a Copy box as shown below:
Screenshot_16.jpg

Have you tried resetting the preferences of Photoshop and see if that helps? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

How do I disable the Save As Copy box when saving as a PDF in Photoshop 2020?

When saving a PDF from Photoshop CC 2020, the "Save a Copy" box is automatically checked off in the Save Window. Prior to CC 2020 I could save over an existing PDF file without generating a copy each time without the "Save a Copy" box being checked, how do I disable it?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Hi there,

That does not sound good, could you please let us know the operating system you're working with?
Screenshot_16.jpg

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Hi there, That does not sound good, could you please let...

Hi there,

Screenshot_16.jpg

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Re: Hi there, That does not sound good, could you please let...

Thank you for your quick reply. Following the info in your link, I created a default pref set and the problem seems to have gone away. Before this I kept unchecking the save as copy box in the PDF save window but it would keep resetting to checked.

Carl

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

BTW, I'm using Mac OS 10.15.2 Catalina

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Looks like I spoke too soon. Here's what happened later in the day.....

I flattened the layers in my Photoshop file I was working on and saved it as a pdf file.

I went back into the Photoshop file to re-edit it and then went to resave as a pdf file, in an attempt to overwrite it. I get the ususal prompt "Do you want to overwrite..." to which I click yes, but I am not given the ability to

uncheck the Save as Copy box which has somehow turned itself on again. If I proceed with the save, I get a new pdf file with the same name as the original but with the word "copy" added to it. Now, I have to go back and trash the original pdf file, then highlight the file name with my cursor and delete the word "copy" so that it attains the name I originally wanted. I am really frustrated - this did not happen in the previous version of Photoshop, and I really wish this bug would get fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Hi carlart!

I am having the same issued and agree it's very frustrating!! Have you been able to find a solution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Nope. I need to call someone in tech support. This keyboard ping pong hasn't worked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Please let me know if you find a solution!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines