• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I enable editing on a smart object?

Contributor ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After opening an image in photoshop, via lightroom, selecting edit in photoshop as a smart object, I applied a camera raw filter and then wanted to edit pixels in the image after I was done in camera raw. What needs to be done to enable this? I'm trying to use the healing brush to clean up the image but am not able to.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart Object  Layers pixels can not be changed with Photoshop tools like Photoshop healing brush.  You should be able to use Adobe's ACR Filter as a smart filter on a smart object layer and use its spot removal brush.  The smart object layers pixels will not be changed  however, the layers composite  will be altered by the filter. I would think that Lightroom develop module would also have a spot removal tool. You can also open a Camera RAW File in Photoshop though ACR as a smart object layer. Editing the Layer object will open the object in ACR and you can work on the RAW files camera raw data in ACR not on a converted RGB image.

image.png 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also add a blank layer above your smart object layer and use the healing brush on that with the option of either "Current and Below" or "All Layers" selected. However, if you make any changes to your smart objects, those edits with the healing brush won't match your altered smart object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines