• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get my brush strokes to stack on top of each other?

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I wanna know how to make it so that even when I press down all the way on my pen tablet that my brush strokes don't reach 100% opacity. I recently downloaded some brushes from the artist, Angel Ganev and in his video where he goes over his settings he said, " Even when I press the hardest I still don't get 100% black, and this allows me to stack my brush strokes." *Note that in Angel's video he has opacity and flow set to 100%. I've changed all of my settings accordingly, but still have this issue, the only way I can kinda mimic this is if I press lightly and layer over top. I even emailed Angel, and he has no clue why it isn't working for me.

Here's a link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLqG78V1rx0&list=PLz4l1wAU1EfMFogxi5k9dbs6nOLPdUIoO&index=3&t=450s

What it's supposed to look like:

Capture 5.JPG

His Settings:

Capture 6.JPG

What I have:

Capture 1.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

Capture 3.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi VinnyT12,

If you look at your What I have caoture, take a look at the top of the toolbar.

You have size enabled but not opcacity. It's the second icon from the right. The concentric circles with a pencil in it.

That should sort it.

Also, consider setting up your wacom using the wacom control panel.

Here is a resource that is helpful.

https://www.thebeginningartist.com/wacom-tablet-and-photoshop-settings/

Happy artmaiking

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it work for you @VinnyT12?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i tried this and it didn't work 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey! I hope it's not too late, but I'll tell you what worked for me anyway. So, in the tool bar go to Brush Tool, right-click on it and select Mixer Brush Tool. This made my brushes mix the colors naturally in stead of stacking on top of each other. Hope this helps! Screenshot (18).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines