• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get my Close, Minimise and Maximise Buttons to Show [2012] [CS6]

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first installed Photoshop CS6 Extended on my Mac it had a bar running along the top that had the program name in it (Photoshop) with the red, orange and green, close, minimise and maximise buttons in it.

Somehow I have turned this off and the three buttons no longer show. Below is an example picture of the bar I'm wanting to turn on:Screen shot 2012-06-08 at 5.52.16 PM.png

I have the application frame turned on and they still do not show. I'm sure the answers simple, however any help would be hugely appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

AHA! I solved the Issue! (Using one of station_two's older posts actually). The solution was to trash the preference file and here is how I did it:

1. Closed Photoshop

2. Opened Photoshop holding Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS). Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

And everything was reset back to normal. Admitidly I had to recreate my workspace, however that was a small price to pay.

Thanks Station_two.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this damned thing seems to be bugged. that or an unknown combination of keys is making this happen too often> close button goes away  along with the  opened document names. that never happend to me before today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread says 'Solved'?? But I tried all the suggestions in here and in another thread but none of them worked.

Anyway, I found a solution which may work for some, which I posted in the other thread.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/minimise-maximise-close-bar-hidden-not-available/m-...

I agree this is a bug. But I think it's coming from the Adobe servers and not from our Adobe software programs. This problem happens with different Adobe software and isn't confined to a specific software. The common theme which produces the problem, as far as I can tell, seems to be when users access the Adobe servers for online Help (as in my case) and perhaps also for updates and downloads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know how to make this change on a PC, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just had this problem and thank goodness your 7-yeard-old reply was still sitting here! Thanks a million. I would never have found it and it was driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines