• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get swatches out of folders in 2020?

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to the latest PS version since the old one suddenly started freezing on the splash page.

Absolutely cannot stand how the gradients and swatches are in folders. How do I ungroup them, please? When I try and import new swatches each import ends up in a separate folder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured it out. You can select them all with a shift+click and drag them out of the folders.

Adobe, this sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

And I think being able to organize Photoshop-presets better (as with groups for example) has been a long-standing feature request. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm all for the option being there, I think it's gonna be great for a lot of people. I am not a fan of them abruptly putting all my swatches into them without asking me and not making it easy or intuitive to get them out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I couldn't figure out how to work with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I. Hate. Folders.

I hate that everything I used to be able to access in a single click is now nested into a million folders.

Please add an option to remove assets like gradients, swatches, and shapes UNIVERSALLY from folders--to disable it universally.

I hate almost every single change Adobe has made with this new version. I am one "feature" update away from ditching the CC sub I've had for years and moving to a competitor program.

Duplicate post merged by moderator. Please post once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I. Hate. Folders.«

I suppose you mean »Groups«. 

There are Photoshop users who did not like having all the presets of one kind presented as one hodge-podge series of icons/names etc. 

Maybe the new options will truly never be of advantage to you but if you give it some thought you might appreciate thtat they could be to others. 

As for Photoshop Feature Requests: Please post those over on 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why I said an OPTION to remove it. I'm not telling them to get rid of your groups if you use them. I'm telling them not to force them onto ME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right to voice your wishes, but you are not exactly addresing »THEM« here, this is a user Forum. 

Please post a Feature Request and post the link here so that others that might share your exasperation can find it easily and add their votes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to be that guy for a moment... I don't like wasting screen real estate, nor do I like wasting time picking a color when as a visual artist, I know exactly which ones I want to use at a mere glance and these folders do exactly that. IDK who asked for these folders, but if they honestly need these things then they need to stay away from anything visual and take up programming. There should 2 and ONLY 2 folders Web save colors and print safe colors, anything more is nothing but a waste. The only exceptions are Pantone books. 

So do us all a favor and point us in the right direction.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats rediculous, they are horrible. 98% of the users hate the folder system, but two% "might find them useful".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you base those numbers on? Have you actually asked at least 50 Photoshop users? 

Take a look at this Request from 2011 for example: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-better-preset-organization-subfolders-tag-search/5f5f44ef4b561a3d422a02f8

Any why would Photoshop users hate Folders for Presets anyway? 

When one uses Groups for Layers then using Groups for Presets does not seem such an outlandish concept. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree, I'm not a fan of the folders. If you want to use them, fine. But they should at least be an option, not requirement.

Anyway, I solved the problem by just making a new folder called "swatches" and moving all the chips into that one folder, then delete the empties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines