• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I import photos to Photoshop CC?

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have never used a Photoshop product before.  Just purchased Photoshop CC but cannot figure out how to import pics to the program from my computer.  Seems like a VERY basic thing but I just can't see how I'm supposed to do it.  Any help would be appreciated 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Deboracat123,

To import of open a file in Photoshop you can simple drag the file into photoshop window or go to Files option from the top and select open. and you can also open the file by double clicking in the center of Photoshop gray area and open a file from by locating it.

Regards,

Jatin Dembla

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deboracat123,

To import of open a file in Photoshop you can simple drag the file into photoshop window or go to Files option from the top and select open. and you can also open the file by double clicking in the center of Photoshop gray area and open a file from by locating it.

Regards,

Jatin Dembla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Jatin! You explained it in a clear, simple way. Too bad the Photoshop Help couldn't explain like you do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is not like Lightroom where you import from a folder. In PS, there's nothing to import really.  Simply go to File > Open and browse to the desired image location on your hard drive.

Or go to File > Browse in Bridge.  Bridge will launch and you can select which folder of images to display.  Use Shift+Click or Ctrl+Click to select multiple images.  Hit enter to open them in Photoshop.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not get my photos to import either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't import. Use FILE>Open or File>Place. Use open when no document is displayed and use place to add images to an existing document.

That said, if there is a problem with the the file it may not open. Make sure you can open the file in another program. To confirm if it is the file or Photoshop.

Tell us what format the image is, can you see open or place in the file menu?

Capture your entire screen with the layers panel open and any collapsed layers expanded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I can't seem to get my photos even into a folder on my

computer...keeps saying file error. Not sure what to do. Sorry

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 8:24 PM, Silkrooster <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as soon as I try to import photos from the camera it says "the following

error occurred while importing. The system cannot find the file specified".

I'm not too sure what that means. I don't have that problem on our desktop

computer..although I can't get photoshop or lightroom on our desktop...but

it loaded onto our laptop, but I can't get photos onto the laptop:(

Candice

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 8:06 PM, Candice Kalinczuk <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally able to get a photo onto photoshop but not lightroom yet

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 8:10 PM, Candice Kalinczuk <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are half way there. Should I assume you were able to store the image(s) onto your hard drive?

Lightroom like Adobe Camera Raw only support certain type of formats. So it may be possible that is your issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Plus tiff, png, jpg

As for importing into lightroom (yes lightroom does have import)  You will find everything you need in the file menu.

• First you create a catalog is one does not exist - that is your database to house the thumbnails and edits
  • Next choose import
  • In the import dialog box choose whether to leave the images where they are (ex. if they are already onto your hard drive), to move or to copy (ex. if the images are on an external drive or flash drive and you want them on your main hard drive)
  • Next choose a location (folder) and if it should rename or add metadata
  • Click OK to run the import

Make sure the images stay where you placed them so lightroom can find them. If you need to move them, do so in lightroom so it knows where they are.

That said, it is possible to move them outside of lightroom, you just need to sync the folder(s). Before you do Make sure you save the edits to the drive (select the file(s) then press ctrl-s on windows or cmd-s on mac) otherwise you could loose any edits that were not saved before the sync.

If you need any more help with lightroom it would be best to ask in the lightroom forum

https://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom/content

As this forum is for the full version of photoshop and not everyone here uses lightroom. So you would get a larger response over there.

Good luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple: File / Open => Choose image from computer, from image format:

1. TIFF (.tif)

2. BMP (.bmp)

3. JPEG (.jpg)

4. GIF (.gif)

5. PNG (.png)

6. EPS (.eps)

7. Files RAW (.raw, .cr2, .nef, .orf, .sr2,…)

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try out these "additional links" for some great tutorials:

1. Click on Link: Photoshop tutorials | Learn how to use Photoshop CC

2. Type in Search Field: "Placing Images" Search results

Good Luck!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

1. In the left upper corner press "file"
  2. Then press the second function "open"

OR

1. Go to the folder where the Picture is located
  2. Press and hold on the Picture
  3. drag it to Photoshop schortcut on your screen

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop cc and I am using a MacBook Pro, and therefore as a Mac user my photos are loaded into an application called Photos.  If I use File/open, within Photoshop CC, it opens the equivalent of the Finder app, and I can get to the Pictures/Photos Library.  But there it stops - even though I know that the images within my photos library are JPEG files - I can't see to select them.  If I double click on the Photos Library (or tell it to open Photos Library) then it just tells me it doesn't recognise the file type.

Did I say "obviously" I am still at the equivalent of a folder, not at the level of the JPEGs within that library.

Yes I can drag and drop - but that means I have to open the photos app at the same time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines