• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I keep from creating psd file icons of saved selections?

Engaged ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PS 22.3 in Big Sur, I create a layered psd file with type layers, saved selection channels, art layers, photo layers, NO Smart objects. So I save all my work as one PSD file. My problem is the file icon created for this PSD file. The icon created is made of the saved selection CHANNEL and whatever art inside the selection, which could be several different layers.

When looking through my finder and saved PSD file icons, it helps to see the complete image. Until I find a solution, I have to trash the selection channel and save as a black and white layer. Then save on top a MERGE ALL VISIBLE layer on top. Then the file icon shows me my work.

What causes Photoshop to only see the selection channel+behind when creating an icon for the saved file?

Trying to Live Simply

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Until I find a solution, I have to trash the selection channel and save as a black and white layer.«

It would seem more economical to apply the Channels as Layer Masks to empty Layer Groups or Layers. 

»Then save on top a MERGE ALL VISIBLE layer on top.«

Why? Coudn’t you just hide the Layer/s you don’t wand to see? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did not know how to hide the channel that is created by a saved selection. Maybe that is all that is needed, but if it is central to the work, then to create a good icon, I need the extra channel, I think.

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines