• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make a color wider?

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a map with yellow roads, green terrain, black borders and blue water. I want to make my roads wider.

My roads are yellow. Is there a way to select every yellow pixel in my image and add an adjacent yellow pixel to everything in the image with that color?

A zoomed in view of the larger map I am dealing with is attached.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Select > Color Range to select all the yellow pixels. Press Q to enter Quick Mask mode. With the Quick Mask channel active, run Filter > Other > Maximum. Press Q to return to Standard Mode. Set the Foreground color to Yellow, and fill, then deselect.

This is sort of a brute-force way, but you could add refinements like extra layers with various blending mode and such

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you, it applies to me.

HOSTVN

Hostvn.net providing professional email business, web hosting, cloud vps, domain services in Vietnam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no image accompanied your post so I have to assume that you can make a selection of the yellow  road. In that case, make that yellow your Foreground Color. Then make a Selection of the road. With the marching ants showing, choose Select > Modify > Expand and enter 1 or more pixels to expand the Selection. Follow that with Edit > Fill and fill with the Foreground color. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post (a part of) the image in question? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20210225_163529.jpg

It must have failed to attach. Thank you all for the suggestions. I will give it a try tomorrow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post the actual image (or part of it), not a rotated and therefore damaged version. 

Edit: It actually looks like a photograph of the screen … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines