• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i make a project in photoshop and when imported into AE it will blur anything behind it?

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I dont know how to word it but im trying to make a window in photoshop and what i want to do is have 1 layer blur anything behind it when imported into Adobe After effects. Kind of like the background of MacOS' spotlight search where the background is blurring anything behind it. But i want it to be moveable in after effects if possible.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you want a cut out. How you do that depends on the image and your skills.

(You have two Layers – one for the foreground, which is sharp, and one for the background, which you blur  – Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur.)

The new Select > Subject feature might be worth consdering to make the cut-out.

(Perhaps show us a copy of the pic you want to separate.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A layer in Photoshop and imported to AE cannot blur a different layer in AE. However it could be used as a mask, to mask blurring in AE.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines