• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I merge the pixels of two different images

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to combine the pixels of two images, not put one on top of another, not create a new layer, but actually mix the pixels of one image with another.  How can I do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you correctly, you could do this: Be sure the two images have the same pixel dimensions. Then, Image > Apply Image on one of the images. For "Source", choose the other image, and the type of blending.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I guess I don't understand enough about digital images, but I don't want to put one image on top of another, no matter what blend mode or opacity, as this decreases the visibility of the pixels of both images. 

What I would like to do (but maybe it's not possible) is to interleave the pixels of one image with those of another so that the pixels of both images show at full visibility.  Maybe erase every other pixel of one and replace the erased ones with pixels of the other.

Maybe like take an image of a field of flowers, take another slightly different image of those flowers, and mix the two so it looks like twice as many flowers at full visibility.  If this doesn't make sense, I guess it just shows my ignorance of how this stuff works, but thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems like what you want to do it use a layer mask on one image that sits on top of the other, unless I am totally misunderstanding what you want to do. Then you can cover what part of what image you want and what part of what image you want to show. They wouldn't be blended, but totally revealed, depending on which pixels you decide to show thru the mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can blend the the pixel of the layers and then merge layer down to combine the layer using the blending mode you chose to use.  Most make composites using layer masks to make the composite.  However, some times blending  using a blending mode works well. Using both can work very well to recover things like mask off stray dark hairs details can be blended back in with multiply blending. If the original background was white or adjusted to white..

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mycakes101 - The saying "a picture is worth 1000 words" springs to mind, so I'm sure that 2 pictures would surely help to describe your 36 words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines