• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I move a Group of layers?

Engaged ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With CC20 mover Tool in Catalina, if I click on the closed group, the group opens and I move the first layer only. What has changed since CS5 that worked so well?

Trying to Live Simply

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to move the layer's stack position or the layer content position. If you mean position and you want them all moved relatively together.  Target  all the layers you want to move and link the layers then use the move tool.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That feature has not changed and should work exactly the same as before.

If you highlight the group (the layer with the folder icon), you can use the Move tool to move all the layers in that group.

image.png

image.png

If you expand the group and highlight one or more layers within the group, you can use the Move tool to move only the highlighted layer or layers.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CS5 all i had to do was click on the closed group, and move it to another place in the stack. If i try that in CC20, thegroup OPENS UP and i anto select the first layer in the group. But i now see to link the stupid layers, but why the heck cant i just move the closed group folder like the old days.

i mean, why the heck have a folder for the group if they dont move together unlinked?

thank you for replying

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right that you shouldn't have to link the layers. 

This is the way it's working on my computer --

When clicking once the collapse/expand icon to the left of the group name, the group will open. 

When clicking once to the right of the group name, the group does not open. It is simply highlighted. When that happens, the group can be dragged up or down within the layer stack. Or you can use the Move tool to move the pixels in the group within the canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When that happens, the group can be dragged up or down within the layer stack. Or you can use the Move tool to move the pixels in the group within the canvas."

Baraba, would you explain please what you mean by "move the pixels". I move layers, adjustment layers, etc. but not sure what you mean by pixels. Sorry I am slow.

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. What I mean is that when you move layers up or down within the Layers panel, you are changing the stacking order of the layers.

image.png

If you use the Move tool to reposition the pixels on the canvas, you are moving the pixels, left or right, or closer to the top or to the bottom of the canvas.

image.png

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your patience, i see what you mean. Appreciate your responses.

Trying to Live Simply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines