• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I retain the underlying pattern/noise when using the brush tool

Engaged ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently do portrait editing on age lines, wrinkles and bags under the eyes. All images have some underlying texture depending on camera, image size, ISO... When I retouch images, especially if I am using the bursh tool I do not want to disturb the underlying testure. I just want to lighten or modify the color while retaining the base pattern of the image. I always end up smoothing the area where the brush is used. I there any way to prevent that.

Jim

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums).
Please tell us what Adobe application you are using so that this can be moved to the proper forum for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using photoshop. However, since this is the using forums using community, It appears the the edit option to fix typos in forum questions has disapeared. How do I edit or update a post.

Thank you in advance bob.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jim_Palik wrote:

How do I edit or update a post.

Moderators can edit your post for you. Is it the typos in "brush", "texture", and "Is"? Let us know and we can fix it.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There use to be a way to update a post. Does this no longer exist? It seems crazy to ask a moderator to correct a post when I just want to fix a typo like correcting teh to the. seemt to seems. I appreciate the offer but, This is a silly waste of resources for both you and me. Will the ability to edit a post be returned?

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a process used extensively by retouched Google it for tutorials. There is no one function in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jim_Palik wrote:

Will the ability to edit a post be returned?

Apparently it was being abused by a few, so Adobe staff removed it. As to what will happen in the future, we tend to find out when Adobe makes a change.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Frequency separation, if you actually want to lighten areas. Otherwise just one of the blend modes like color or screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is Frequency separation located. I have looked everywhere. I searched help and it was worthless.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a process not a built in function. 

https://youtu.be/ldhG9fmgC7o

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are three more tutorials from @Earth Oliver from Adobe MAX 2020

https://www.adobe.com/max/2020/sessions/frequency-separation-20-part-1-photoshop-fs20-reto-l6153a.ht...

I don't know if they'll stay up after MAX 2021, but they are worth watching.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Earth has a great way to use Frequency Separation, He has some actions to help set it up, but it you want to know the mechanics of how to do that, watch the other video, but definitely watch Earth's tutorial!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines