• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop Photoshop from taking focus when starting?

Participant ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start Photoshop, there is a loading screen, currently with a picture of some cloudy flamingos (though this changes depending on version) that stays on top of my screen no matter what.

Even though I have a reasonably good computer, a Surface Pro 6, the time it takes for Photoshop to load is long enough that I don't want to just sit there and wait.

However, no matter what other application I click on, the Photoshop loading screen stays smack in the middle of my screen and blocks me from seeing anything behind it.

What I want is for Photoshop, or any other Adobe app, to never have the ability to take focus. It should only ever be on top when I ask it to be.

How do I prevent Photoshop from ever taking focus before I switch to it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't. That would require some fundamental changes to the way PS loads and works. not sure what you are getting at, though. It's pretty much like any desktop app behaves. Most of them just don't take as long as PS.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, based on my experience with coding, I am near certain that there is no programatic reason why Photoshop, or any software, absolutely has to force focus while loading in order to function.

Just as a test, I opened Clip Studio, LibreOffice, Firefox, and a few other programs, and with all of them I can switch away to other programs while they load. If Photoshop is doing something that necessitates focus in order to function after loading, it is doing something exotic and I would be interested to know exactly what that is.

The only part of your claim that I agree with is that everything else I tested load so much faster than Photoshop that I had to move quickly in order to test them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines