• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I transfoem a panorama so it fits into a segment of a cirkel?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a cirkular map showing the mauntain tops from our cabin. I want to take the panorama of the wiev and wrap it along the sircle so the sightlines to the mountains are correct as to the map and North West etc. The radius of the sircle is 25 cm. The panorama wiev covers  an angel of 100 gradiens.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

assembly.png

Your request is simlar to reproducing rasterized type in a circle. If you edit the instructions below to accommodate an image rather than type, this may work for you.

To create a ring of type as seen in Fig. 6:

1. Open a new file (File > New) with the same height as its width, perhaps ten inches square and then type the sentence that is to create the circle (Fig. 1)

2. Converting the type line to a circle reduces its height. To compensate for that, choose Edit > Transform > Scale. Drag th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking more information might be needed. However, my first thought is that you can clip your image into a circular shape. If that's what you are intending...

1) Make a circle the size you want with the shape tool. Make sure the shape is larger than the photo.

2) Make sure the shape layer is just below the image layer.

3) Hold alt/option

4) Hover your mouse between both layers until you see a dark disk shape with a down facing arrow.

5) Click and it will clip that photo into a circular shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanjk you for the information. I will keep it for later. What I wanted no was to bend a long panorama so it fits on the outside of a sircular map,. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you point to another image on the internet as a reference?

There is a popular technique based on the polar coordinates filter sometimes referred to as "tiny planet" or "mini world", however this is for making a sphere from a rectangluar image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

assembly.png

Your request is simlar to reproducing rasterized type in a circle. If you edit the instructions below to accommodate an image rather than type, this may work for you.

To create a ring of type as seen in Fig. 6:

1. Open a new file (File > New) with the same height as its width, perhaps ten inches square and then type the sentence that is to create the circle (Fig. 1)

2. Converting the type line to a circle reduces its height. To compensate for that, choose Edit > Transform > Scale. Drag the type to about twice its height (Fig. 2)

3. Choose the Move tool and shift the type line close to – but not touching – the left edge. (Fig 3)

4. Choose the Crop tool. In the Options bar change Unconstained to 1 x 1 (Square). Then drag the right corner handle of the Crop diagonally until there is a one-letter space between the last letter of the type line and the right edge of the square. (Fig. 4)

5. Center the line vertically. (Fig 5)

6. Choose Select > All. Then, choose Filter > Distort > Polar Coordinates. Rasterize the type when asked. Radio button should be set to Rectangular to Polar. To preview the image, adjust the percent listed below the inset illustration. Click OK. The result: Fig 6

7. Choose Select > Deselect and, for final housekeeping, choose the Crop tool and return the Options bar to Unconstrained.

8. Save the file in psd format so that the circle of type remains on a transparent surround and the layer may be floated onto another image.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This information will  bring my prodject back on track!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines