• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I uninstall useless fonts?

Participant ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have dozens of Noto fonts that show 0000 as Sample and do not work. (See attachment) I don't want them and don't want to scroll through them when looking at fonts. What's with them, and how do I get rid of them? I can't seem to do anything with them in FontBook as only four of them show up. (I validated them, but no change.) Haven't found anything on the forum, so posting this. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are system fonts included with Catalina. You can't disable them.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210192

The strange thing is they display normally in Fontbook but not in the Photoshop font list (blocks)

See this item: https://community.adobe.com/t5/type-typography/the-quot-how-to-get-rid-of-foreign-fonts-quot-questio...

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 6.22.50 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Gener7. Nice to know. I'll look for a 3rd party font manager for Mac O/S to see what I can do. Or if you have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Third party managers wont do any good. Apple has permanently locked these fonts as active in a root directory that user have no access to.

I've seen other Apple forums where users suggested cracking your OS with Terminal, but I'm not willing to risk that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines