• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you import more than one sky into the sky replacement tool?

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a large collection of skies I would like to add to the "Sky Replacement" library but have only been able to do one at a time.  As I have close to a hundred skies, this has become rather onerous!  Is there somewhere one can find more information on this new feature?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Adding multiple new sky presets at one time is not currently supported. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we are working on it, and it should be available in a near future release.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a solution.  I know how to import skies.  I want to import a large number at once not one at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding multiple new sky presets at one time is not currently supported. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we are working on it, and it should be available in a near future release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear. I have hundreds of skies and importing one at a time is a non-starter. Hope it's available soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any progress here ? That's over 6 months we've been waiting for what appears to be a simple issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the replies further down the thread. The latest release fixes this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shame that the company prefers to rush to gain a headlines in advance of the holiday season and competitor's release schedule over the actual user experience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does holding back the entire feature until it's perfected help anyone? If you want to wait until more features are added, nobody is forcing you to use it. Some people just want to complain about everything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we have an approximate time for this? It should not be so difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Adobe announces they will do something they usually state a time frame like in year 2021.  Adobe I'm sure is working currently hard on more pressing issues in Photoshop 2021.  I would venture a guess of sometime in 2021.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

--
*Elkanan (Jay) Avilev*
*Jerusalem*

[Weblink removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using.  I don't know this for sure, but this is where they live on a Windows 10 system, so copying your skies to this location will probably work.  If you are not using Windows, then searching the Photoshop install folder for Sky_Presets will probably find them on your OS.

image.png

[EDIT] Well that didn't work.  I checked the existing image sizes and they are not consistant, so I guess they have to built in to some sort of database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying. I could not get it to work either. I placed files in the folder after converting to .jpg and they do not appear in the options. Files that I have loaded one at a time are in the folder but not with my designation. There is some sort of DB in operation here. Oh well......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They also get copied into your Photoshop User ID Photoshop 2021 settings where your Skies are added and two Photoshop Preferences files are added

"C:\Users\(UserID)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings\Sky_Presets"

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see an answer to the question here....or rather, a solution. So I'll add mine.
I just updated to the current version after a couple years....no idea why I waited. The first thing I wanted to try was Sky Replacement. Love it! So...then I tried 'importing' one of my own sky photos and the images needed to be in ***.sky format, whatever that is. So I couldn't do it.
Then I did a search online for answers. Found none after visiting a handful of pages. Except that I found a video where the guy did it...but didn't actually explain....
So all I did was to first create my own group and THEN click on 'create new sky presets'. THose icons or button are at the bottom. Then I could import jpgs. Simple as that.

I'm not sure why this wasn't explained here or elsewhere. So posting in case someone looks for the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you are right. When I first tried it, there did not seem to be a way. But I noticed an update available, which I did to release 22.3.0 20210302.r.49 660cd2e x64.

Now, your suggestion does work. I was able to add my own group and migrate my own pictures into the group and use them.

HERE'S the gotcha. I can't close Photoshop. I can't exit, close or get out of the program. Don't know it it is related to adding 80+ pictures to the sky set or not. I'll see if it happens again, but I'm going to have to force Windows to shut down Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to go to the Task Manager to shut down the program. I restarted and seems to be running and shutting down fine. Don't know if my problem above was a "glitch" or only happens with a large import into the skies pre-sets. But thanks to painterskip34 for letting me know - it does seem to work!

THANKS ADOBE !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just read the release notes on the latest, as of 3/11/2021, Photoshop update.  Seems they have fixed the issue I posted about back in October of 2020.  Great news.  Now to check with Tony Kuyper to insure the update doesn't cause problems with his TK Panels.

Thanks to painterskip34 and Avilev for bring this update to my attention!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be working just fine.  Opened Sky Replacement under Edit.  Selected the sky menu.  Created a New Sky Group in the sky menu and named it appropriately.  Hit the "+" button on the bottom of the Sky library menu.  Navigated to my "Cloud" folder and then to the sub-folder for each type of sky.  Selected all and hit the Open button and waited.  It will take a few depending on how many files your are adding to the Sky Library.   Now you are ready to use your own skies replacements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You da man! Works great! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This now works for me, too. I had multiple, sorted, sky files I was using in another program. To import them, sorted, into Photoshop, I created and named new folders for each. Then highlighted that folder-name, hit the + icon, navigated to a sky folder, selected all of the files (except the one database file from the original program) and hit 'okay.' They all imported seamlessly. THANK YOU for this thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines