• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does one turn off path ie make it vanish ?

Participant ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

CS6

I have drawn a path, named it, later on clicked on its name, it appears, moved it, now I dont want it showing at all, initially I was clicking on the blank area in the path palette, that saw it vanish, but now I have quite a few paths and they have filled up the blank area ! I havent that method anymore to use.

'Ctrl shift a' brought up a panel I have never seen before.

esc doesnt work.

unable to scroll the palette down to reveal a blank area.

Merlin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Merlin:

It used to be Ctrl+Sh+A—which now opens Camera Raw. You can Ctrl+click the path name (not the thumbnail) to deselect it.

~Barb

Edit: I just tried Esc and that works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

if with the normal often used move tool (one at top of tools palette) I open a path, esc doesnt work.

if I then select one of the path tool arrows, esc then works.

Ctrl click the path name gives me crawling ants, then I have to deselect those ! though if I had a selection running whilst doing path work I would lose that selection.

Could be fun remebering this.

Any other ways please ?

amazed adobe have this happening.

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+Click the thumbnail makes a selection. Ctrl+Click to the right deselects the path. Clicking in the blank area underneath any paths also Deselects your paths. Experiment with the location from left to right when you click until you understand it. Location makes a difference!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To hide path, press Ctrl + H

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ctrl+H hides the path, but doesn't deselect it. I haven't been able to find the new keyboard shortcut that replaces Ctrl Sh A, so as Jane and I both said, Ctrl click the path name (not the thumbnail).

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines