• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How long before we get a Photoshop update for MacOS Catalina ?

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been amlost 2 weeks since Apple released MacOS Catalina and I, like many others, are waiting to update because of widely a publicized problem with Photoshop. I have been checking the new Adobe CC App several times a day and various websites and forums, but there is no news… So, can we please have some information on when this is going to be resolved ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A rule of thumb for people who don't want to check is "wait at least a month after a new system is released". Seems a bit short, I'd advise two months. Software updates can't always happen in days. Also, the problems may be either Apple's or Adobe's bugs, or they may be battling over whose. We don't know what will need to be fixed until we're told.  Anyway, neither is likely to commit to a date for something they are working on as a priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm not sure that there will be an update to CC 2019, Adobe are working on the next release which is currently been tested on Catalina, nobody can give you a precise time frame as to when the next release will be available though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe MAX is coming up soon. I'd bet that all new versions of everything will drop then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agree on the Adobe MAX timeline comment (unless an issue needs to be fixed by Apple). Adobe hasn't done anything since moving to subscription based model to suggest otherwise.

From the 'A letter to our Photoshop Community' thread: "Our team is actively testing and logging known issues, and our product team is diligently at work to resolve them for the next release."

The new development reality seems to be "keep running forward and don't look back unless you absolutely have to". Unfortunately, the new releases for most (if not all) software sure seem to contain bugs that should never have been included.

FWIW, I have been a loyal Adobe user since Photoshop 4 and Illustrator 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines