Highlighted

How significantly do read/write speeds impact our workflow in Photoshop?

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking into upgrading my ssd to a faster model. This should increase the read & write speed on my computer. Will this make any difference in terms of my experience in Adobe Photoshop? If so, what ways can I expect an improvement?  I work for a company as a graphic designer, and I tend to work with big files, and I often need to clear my disk out to make additional space. I'm eager to have more storage, but the ssd I'm looking at (970 Evo) is fairly expensive for me, so I want to make sure I'm investing my money in a way that will meet my needs. Thanks in advance for any help given.

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How significantly do read/write speeds impact our workflow in Photoshop?

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking into upgrading my ssd to a faster model. This should increase the read & write speed on my computer. Will this make any difference in terms of my experience in Adobe Photoshop? If so, what ways can I expect an improvement?  I work for a company as a graphic designer, and I tend to work with big files, and I often need to clear my disk out to make additional space. I'm eager to have more storage, but the ssd I'm looking at (970 Evo) is fairly expensive for me, so I want to make sure I'm investing my money in a way that will meet my needs. Thanks in advance for any help given.

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no difference at all... Photoshop is to old to get anything out of SSD and may in fact crash when it trys to send files to temp storage

if you are a laptop user the best workflow is to have two drives, one fast for boot and another for storage but cheeper lappys only have a single drive bay and just don't cover the needs of power users

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 23, 2020 0